11 Thrilling Action Hero Quotes Delivered by our Robot Overlords

After reading Ben Goertzel's blog post, Dialoguing with the US Military on the Ethics of Battlebots, I was struck by the potential horror of his stated position on battlebot ethics:

I remain generally anti-violence and anti-war, but my main political focus now is on encouraging a smooth path toward a positive Singularity. To the extent that military force may be helpful toward achieving this end it has to be considered as a potentially positive thing....


In Ben's defense, he uses his blog to explore these ethics in a thoughtful way.  The levels of horror possible with Artificial Intelligence battlebots can be exposed if one considers them as potential action heroes delivering the requisite hero one liners.

Here are some of our beloved action hero one liners as delivered by the AI of Google translate:

We'll name our Artificial action starbot DOOMBA.

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!"  (Mel Gibson in Braveheart - 1995)

    It may take our lives, our freedom can not take! (DOOMBA)
    "Say hello to my little friend!"  (Al Pacino in Scarface - 1983)

    Greetings my little friend! (DOOMBA)
    "You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?" (Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry" – 1971) 
    Ask yourself to try it. Do I feel lucky? Oh, what are ya? Punk! (DOOMBA)
    "Yippee ki yay motherfucker."  (Bruce Willis in Die Hard series - 1988)

    Ki yay motherfucker afford brush.  (DOOMBA)
    "Out here, due process is a bullet." (John Wayne in "The Green Berets" – 1968) 
    Out, due process is a bullet here.  (DOOMBA)
    "You talkin' to me?" (Robert De Niro in "Taxi Driver" – 1976)
    You are 'in me?  (DOOMBA)
    "Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." (Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales" – 1976)

    Not much in life, boy.  (DOOMBA)
    "Go ahead, make my day." (Clint Eastwood in "Sudden Impact" – 1983)
    Future, go to my day.  (DOOMBA)
    "You're the disease. I'm the cure." (Sylvester Stallone in "Cobra" – 1986)
    You're sick. I'm cured.  (DOOMBA)
    "I crap bigger than you." (Jack Palance in "City Slickers" –1991)

    If I was larger than junk.  (DOOMBA)
    "If you come back in here, I'm going to hit you with so many rights, you're going to beg for a left." (Chuck Norris "Invasion USA" – 1985) 
    If, come back here, if I have to hit very many privileges, I will ask for going left.  (DOOMBA)

    As you see, our plucky action star DOOMBA can't deliver a kick ass quote.  But I'm sure his killing will be all precision.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment